Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I am so excited... 8 days and Little Man, his momma and her bf will be here for a WHOLE WEEK! I haven't seen my sweet boy since the very beginning of August. I miss him so much.. Poor thing is sick right now so please pray for a quick recovery for him!

I am on the hunt for a book called "Skinny Bi@#$" and a book called "Skinny Basta$%" . I think we are ready to try a totally vegan diet. I told Frankie this weekend that I want to cut out all dairy from our diet. This would leave eggs in our diet.. Well, I can replace them too then! So after the Lactose free milk and dozen eggs are gone they will not be replaced. My father tells me about this great store called Whole Foods where he bought a lot of vegan items during his 5 months as a vegan. (he is once again a carnivore but I still love him!). Unfortunately there isn't one close enough to us.. I used to shop at Whole Foods years ago in Cambridge, MA when I was visiting. I always thought they were just a weird store for yuppies.. Sorry! I take it back!




I broke down and went to the doctor. I voiced my concern with her over the very high amount of people in my family with cancer. Currently my mother has "girl" cancer (that is all she will say)it had been in remission for years. My uncle (my father's brother) has esophageal cancer it was in remission but now it is back. Unfortunately this doesn't look good for him. My mother's sister is a breast cancer survivor. She has had a double mastectomy and so far so good. So after this was all said I voiced my concern. I asked if I had to wait until 40 to get a mammogram. The answer was- Absolutely Not! So I have an appointment this afternoon for my second mammogram. (The first one I had years ago and was because the doctor felt something that the other doctors said must have just been scar tissue from the reduction I had. So thankfully that one was clean.)

I ask that you all take a moment of your time and click this link. One moment. One second really (depending on how fast your computer loads. LOL) One moment to click to find mammograms.








"To God Be The Glory Great Things He Has Done!"



JMFK 11/27/2010 Gone but never forgotten

2 comments:

  1. I just found out that my mom has breast cancer. This means that my mom, my grandmother (who died from breast cancer), her twin sister, and my great grandmother all have had breast cancer. Then there are all the other cancers, the heart disease, and diabetes in the family and that is just my mom's family. I am too moving towards a vegan diet and trying to move towards a gluten free whole grain diet. I love whole foods but can't really afford to shop there for my weekly groceries. There are so many books out there. Let me know how Skinny Bi@#$ is. I'm looking at Crazy sexy diet by Kris Carr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I couldn't afford to shop at Whole Foods either... It is just too pricey for us.. I do ok with the other stores around. We just go to a couple of stores to get the stuff we need. We are hoping to buy a house and have a yard. Then I plan on trying to get a garden going. I also plan on getting back to "basics". Clothes line, compost pile, etc...
    Your family medical history sounds like mine.
    I haven't heard of the Crazy Sexy Diet. I may have to check it out...

    ReplyDelete