Saturday, March 12, 2011

Best Night Sleep

* FYI- There is a curse word in here. I changed it in earlier posts but not this one. Also this book contains cursing.


Last night I had the best night sleep. Best in a very very long time. I actually slept from what I would say was 1030 pm until 5am. Didn't wake up once. Woke up feeling refreshed.. Oh I guess I should mention it was night two of my sleep study and I had a c-pap machine on. Talking with my sleep tech he told me that my apnea was really bad. He said that as soon as I would move just a tad bit I would have episodes. This would cause my legs to "run" and I would wake up. But even he said I did great with the machine. He told me that not all sleep apnea was weight related that some times it is age related. The older we get the more relaxed our muscles get. I told him he was better off sticking with the weight thing! LOL. However, I now have marks from where the leads were placed on my neck and shoulders. We are thinking it is from the adhesive on the pads. So back to the doctor on Monday for my results. Hopefully, it wont take too long to get a c-pap machine as much as I hate the way it looks I loved being able to sleep.

So this just reiterates my need to lose weight. I always said I never wanted to be on one of those machines to sleep. I am 3/4 of the way through the book Skinny Bitch. I have to say I love this book. It makes so much sense to me. Frankie and I went out shopping yesterday and started reading labels and realized it is harder than it looks. But we are preparing to be vegan by the end of the month. I haven't had diet soda in a few days. I did have a regular orange soda (sugar is so bad! But there is no caffeine in orange soda). Today I had my first iced coffee in a long time (my first coffee in over a week.). I am finding that I am not enjoying it as much. I will be switching over to organic decaf green tea. I can drink green tea with no sweetener added. I am buying Frankie a juicer for his birthday (he knows this already so it isn't a surprise.) and we are looking forward to fresh "squeezed" juice. We have no issue with vegetables in our diets. We do however, have an issue getting fruit. This is something I plan to work on. I have plans to purchase a chest freezer. When I do this I plan on starting to make meals a week in advance and freeze them. I figure this will also help since I want to start baking the bread we eat. I also plan on finding recipes for vegan cakes (for birthday's and such). I also will be working on "reworking" recipes into vegan recipes that we can eat.

My ultimate goal for my family is live off the "grid" as much as possible. We are talking about buying a house with a yard. If we do get this accomplished then I will try to get a vegetable garden growing. I also plan on having a clothesline. I love the smell of line dried clothes. I also am on the lookout for all natural ways to clean my house. I hate adding chemicals into the house. I bought a steam mop Thursday. Used it in my little kitchen for the first time yesterday. Holy Cow I was shocked at the dirt it picked up (I had just mopped my floors Wednesday).


I hope everyone has a wonderful blessing filled day.





"To God Be The Glory Great Things He Has Done!"



JMFK 11/27/2010 Gone but never forgotten

2 comments:

  1. We have similar goals. This year, my goal is to have hubby put up a clothesline. I so want to limit my reliance corporations, chain stores, large companies that pollute our planet etc. For some reason, as passionate as I am bout this, I can't seem to give up certain things I do well for a short time, then go back to my older ways. I am really impressed with all the changes you have made! Any suggestions on how to maintain my changes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to limit my use of large corporations and such. I can't stand the way a lot of companies are. Why should I pay $45 for a pair of pants when I can go to a thrift store and get a pair for $2 or even make my own. I haven't made any of my clothes in years but I do plan on getting back to that.
    I really worry about what we are putting into the environment and want to find better ways to clean.
    Once we are able to buy a house and move I plan on becoming proactive with my goals. I do try to cut down as much as possible. I use vinegar and water to clean the bathroom. I use hot water on my floor. I just bought a steam mop and used it on my kitchen and LOVED it.
    To maintain your goals my suggestion would be to stand by your goals no matter what. Start out small. Don't try to do all at one time. We went vegetarian at once. It took each of us a different time. Monkey first, three days later me, then almost a week later hubby. Now we have been meat free since August we are actually ready to move to a vegan level.

    ReplyDelete