A big change we made was enroll The Monkey in public school. I am not overly fond of this decision but I really wanted her to have a diploma and she REALLY wanted to go to school and make friends.. How could I say no. She has completed 2 weeks and LOVES it.. But to me it is really really weird. Her first day of school she came home and told us about other students in the school. Other students (ages 11-13-maybe 14) that had dyed hair, (ok now big as anyone who knows my family knows that The Monkey has Bright Blue Hair)
TATTOOS, and PIERCINGS! I almost fell out of my chair... What are middle school students doing with piercings (Other than ears) and tattoos??????? Wow! Have times changed since I was in middle school...The weird thing for me (other than the piercings and tattoos) is being home for hours a day alone. But my house is loving it. I have made a routine for myself- Up between 4am and 630am (depends on how I slept) sweats, t-shirt and shoes on. The Monkey up at 7am. Breakfast for her and we sit and listen to music before she leaves. Pup goes in the kennel (she LOVES chewing electric cords) and Monkey and I head down stairs to meet friends for her ride to school. Then it is back upstairs for house work. Bed made, dishes done, sweep, go through the house and clean up any messes. Then it is shower and dress time for me. This usually takes me a couple of hours... Then I sit and use the computer a little. Lately facebook has bored me so I am not usually on there. If it wasn't for some family and some great friends I would leave facebook.
I plan on completing my course for Hotel and Restaurant Management this year. I also plan on finishing up a quilt I started for Little Man before he was born (14 1/2 months ago! LOL)
As of Wednesday I will be the official Secretary of the Board of Directors for our condo complex. YAY! I have been a Director at Large for 6 months now.
I also have made a couple of goals for myself. Goal one- planned to reach by the end of the month- is to rely less on pre-packaged food and make 90-05% of all meals by scratch. I also plan to employ me crock pots (all four of them! LOL) more. Goal two- lose weight again. I lost some a couple of years back and unfortunately the weight came back (and brought some friends). Goal three- we have implemented a new family night. Saturday nights is family movie and popcorn night.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a great New Years.
"To God Be The Glory Great Things He Has Done!"
JMFK 11/27/2010 Gone but never forgotten
Great goals. I have some of the same. Sometimes I do better than others, but the goals remain the same! Good Luck!
ReplyDelete