Friday, January 28, 2011

25th Anniversary of a terrible disaster


Today is the 25th Anniversary of the Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster.
Do you remember where you where when this happened? I know different generations have different tragedies that they will always remember.
Jan. 28th 1986 @ 11:38 am EST.
I was living in Spring Valley, CA. I was in the 8th grade sitting in homeroom at La Presa Jr. High. We were watching it on televsion.

Seven lives were lost that day. Something that was supposed to be so amazing ended so terrible.




Tuesday Feb. 1st will be the 8th Anniversary of the Space Shuttle Columbia Disaster.
I was standing in my kitchen watching the shuttle on television while my 4 yo played.


Another seven lives lost.



Please take a moment to remember the families of these fourteen heroes from our space program.



Edited to add:

Yesterday was the 44th Anniversary (so before my time) of the Apollo 1 Disaster where all three crew members were killed in a fire in the cockpit.




Here is a nice interactive link I found that allows the viewer the chance to learn more about these 17 people.

NASA Day of Remembrance










"To God Be The Glory Great Things He Has Done!"



JMFK 11/27/2010 Gone but never forgotten

No comments:

Post a Comment