She has not touched meat since August 27. It took 3 days to sink into my brain. So since August 30th I have not had meat. We are what is considered Lacto-Ovo Vegetarians. We have kept dairy and eggs in our diet (but only a little amount). Frankie went a week before giving up meat.
I have noticed some changes in the way I feel. I was always bloated and gassy after eating supper. I have not had these issues since giving up meat.
I have made many different things to eat since we have started this journey. It is interesting in our house. The Boy and Lima Bean's Momma have moved in with us. They are meat eaters. Tonight the children went to KFC. The Monkey ordered a Chicken Bowl without Chicken. Needless to say she received many strange looks.
Tonight I made Slow Cooker Pesto Spinach Lasagna. Without the Pesto. Frankie and I were unsure how it would cook. He was actually a little nervous. I have to say I put it in the crock pot on low for 6 hours and it was perfect. We both loved it. The Monkey wasn't really hungry but she had a little piece and enjoyed it.

Next time I think I will add some more veggies. I will have to make a small cheese lasagna for Lima Bean's Momma.
"make sure you keep it between the navigational beacons."
Have you seen food inc? It really made me stop and think. I would love to say that I was able to be a vegetarian, but I wasn't. It still disgusts me the way we treat our food and I try to be better with trhe choices I make, but I'm not always that good!
ReplyDeleteI have not seen nor have I heard of Food Inc. I will have to look into it though. I admit is has been a rough road with the vegetarianism but it has it's advantages (that we found out by becoming vegetarians) and they are that all three of us are losing weight. I never thought that just by cutting out meat we would lose weight. But we all have.
ReplyDeleteMy ultimate goal is to cut out all types of processed foods and remain meat free.