Monday, February 8, 2016

5 K Registration and brutal honesty.

So.. I have not been one who is brutally honest when it comes to my weight. I am not honest with friends, apps and more importantly I am not honest with myself. Well, that is about to change.

Hello, my name is Lawauna and I am fat. Not just fat but obese. The last time I stepped on a scale I weighed 347. GASP... Yes, that number is correct. I keep telling myself "Oh your not fat", "But you carry the weight well" (Yeah I carry the weight well if I was a pregnant whale.) (Told ya brutal honesty)

I have a love hate relationship with food. I hate that I love food so much. Food is my comfort. When I have a terrible day where do I turn -food... Some may say "well, it's better than heroin." No, no it's not. Food is my heroin. My cocaine. My meth. Bad day- eat. Good day- eat. Ok day- eat. Vacation- eat. Holidays- eat. I even eat in my dreams. There are days I wake up and all I want is some fatty bad for me type of food. Chocolate cake- man I can sit and eat a whole 12" double layer triple chocolate cake in one day. I am a food addict.

Why the change..

Well, recently we discovered that I am allergic to dairy (milk, lactose, whey, etc). Not just lactose intolerant but actually allergic. I have fixed that problem. I have not intentionally had any type of dairy since before my birthday Dec. 29.

I will give you 5 reasons. My grandsons. Ages 6, 5 (my angel baby), almost 2 (in March) Just turned 1 in December and my newest grandson is due later this month. I want to be around for these boys. They are the light of my life. I want to be able to fly and visit them and not have to purchase two seats because my fat butt can't fit into one seat comfortably. I want to run with them.

I am tired. Tired of being tired. Tired of being out of breath walking up the 13 stairs to my condo. Tired of not being able to keep up with my hubby when we are out walking.


So, I signed up for a 5K. I had to pay and therefor that is my motivation not to give up. Plus it is a Flavor - color run and should be a great time. I have always wanted to do a color run.

I want to wear regular size clothes and not have to go to Omar the tent maker for clothes.

I want to wear stilettos


So this is the beginning of my journey. The begging of the end of the fat, jolly Lawauna and the beginning of the slim, trim, sexy Lawauna.

Workout day 1 completed.
5 minute warm up
1 minute run, 1.5 minutes walk (times 6)
5 minute cool down.



No comments:

Post a Comment