Sunday, April 29, 2012

Frankies cooking adventure

So Frankie has taken up doing the cooking.. He is doing great. He has sauteed spinach and mixed it with seasonings and added to pasta.. The taste was wonderful. Last night he made bow tie pasta with broccoli. He cooked the pasta in water with apple cider vinegar. It gave the pasta a little umph... It was awesome...

We are planning on trying to make some vegetarian/vegan dog food for the Pup. She does eat just about anything (anything that isn't dog food! lol). I have been mixing more and more rice and beans into her hamburger (which the portion of burger is getting less and less).

I have decided to try to cut as much dairy as possible out. Now I didn't drink/eat too much to start with but I am trying to cut out the cheese, sour cream etc... So far I have gone almost a week with no dairy. My breakfast for the past week has been a protein shake (dairy free) made with tofu, strawberries, soy milk and protein powder. Oh my goodness it is sooooo yummy!

I have a new recipe that I am planning on trying on Thursday or Friday. It is Potato Pierogi with Sauteed Apples and Cabbage.

I love my Kindle. I spent about an hour downloading free Vegetarian books last night.. My Kindle keeps me amused at work when I have breaks alone. I have been rereading the Outlander series.


I hope you have a wonderful blessing filled day.





"To God Be The Glory Great Things He Has Done!"



JMFK 11/27/2010 Gone but never forgotten

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your meatless diet is going well. I have been doing ok, but can do better. I've been doing green smoothies in the am. They're really good and a great way to get greens in. This morning was kale, apple, pear, kiwi, papaya, banana, avocado, and blueberries. Probably a little fruit heavy, but it was very kale heavy too.

    ReplyDelete