Monday, December 13, 2010



CHRISTmas is fast approaching. I still have yet to get into my kitchen and start my baking. I was Wal*Mart twice yesterday and still forgot to get eggs. I bought sugar and mint extract and flour but forgot the eggs! Grrr.. Now I need to hit the store again tonight and hopefully remember eggs (I know write a list.. But this doesn't help me at all!)
I was surprised yesterday when my husband said "You go shopping and I will fold the laundry." WOW! If anyone who reads this knew "Frankie" you would know that he is not domesticated. He can't run the washer or the dryer. As for cooking.. Lets just say when I went up to MA for The Boy, when he was in the hospital, The Monkey cooked. "Frankie" doesn't know how to even turn the stove on.. But that is ok. I am of the old school thought that it isn't his place but mine to be in the kitchen. But back to the laundry... LOL So when The Monkey and I came home "Frankie" says "I can't believe how much laundry I had to fold." I laughed and explained to him that he had it easy. He only had to fold 1 load of clothes and hang half a load (5 pairs of scrubs)and 3 sheets. The Monkey's clothes don't get folded they all are hung up (usually she does her own laundry) so he put them on her bed. I then told him that I do laundry only every two weeks (and have about 5 loads unless there are sheets and blankets and then it is more.) Scrubs are done every Saturday or Sunday. He almost fainted.. LOL.. But don't get me wrong. I am not complaining and not making fun of him. I am very thankful that he did that for me.
So, CHRISTmas shopping is almost done. Some of the gifts are wrapped. Well, gifts we are shipping out are wrapped. The Little Man's box is packed. All set to go. My mother in law and father in laws box is almost ready. A couple of gift cards need to be added then it is all set as well. Finished Frankies shopping. I think. There is one more thing I would like to get but I am not too sure if I will get it.. His presents will be fun to wrap. We need to find alternate ways to wrap them so they don't look even close to what they are... Last year he guessed just about every present by picking them up and shaking the boxes... Wait until this year. All I need to say is I have two bags of shipping peanuts that are going to be coming in handy!
I am thinking that for friends and family that live in our area will be getting baked goods. Maybe gifts in a jar. IDK yet. But then that takes me back to the need for eggs! LOL

So, now that CHRISTmas is 12 days away that makes New Years Eve 18 days. Have any of you made New Years Resolutions? How many make these every year and always find that come the end of the year that "Dang. I never did get that done."? I do this every year.. LOL. So my plans (yes, now I say plans- doesn't help any though) for 2011. Finish my Hotel and Restaurant Management Course. Save money for our trip to Key West for our Anniversary in June. Work out on a regular basis. Lose 50-75 pounds. Eat out less. Use my crock pot a lot more. Try at least 2 new vegetarian recipes a month. Plan out and execute my changes for my kitchen (nothing drastic yet. Just some paint color and new hardware.)


I hope everyone has a blessing filled day!





<3JMFK 11/27/2010 <3 A moment on Earth. Always in our hearts!

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment