Sunday, August 8, 2010

Embracing Your Second Calling by Dale Hanson Bourke



I have just finished reading this wonderful book. At first I was a little skeptical since I am not yet 40. But I felt like this book was written for me. I loved the attention that the writer gave to Naomi and Ruth. I read this book with a highlighter so that I could highlight passages that I felt very strong about and didn't want to forget. Little comments like "...if I was too busy for friends, then I was too busy." (pg 140) hit home. Reminded me that I need to make time to stay connected with my friends. My favorite sentence has to be found on page 157. the last sentence of the first paragraph. "You simply had to trust God." How true is that?
The writer shared so much of the things that she went through at different times in her life wrote them in such a way that I just ended up feeling like I was her friend.

I was very depressed at the fact that I am approaching 40 but after reading this book I feel like I am ready to accept it and that the best is yet to come... This book is a definite read for any woman approaching the "second half" of her life.




I do want to disclose that I did this review for BookSneeze. I am not required to list a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment